May 9, 2012

FEATURED FASHIONISTA: AMBER LOVE!

Hello again! Why don't we just stop for a second to pop open a bottle of champagne, for this, my friends, is my third feature! I know three isn't as majestic a number as, say, ten or twenty five, but the number means a lot to me. Well, not really three, but thirteen, and I'm not calling it my favourite number to be less ordinary OR to make any inclinations towards the goth culture. It's just that this number has always been in my life, as the floor I was born on, the floor I lived on until I was eleven, half of the day I was born on... Its significance is something I've never questioned, and yet the days when our neighborhood's resident black cat crosses the road in front of me have so far been my most successful days yet!


Success is something everyone even remotely connected to the fashion world craves. Which is why it's such a shame that lovely bloggers who deserve it as much as anyone else don't get the credit they're entitled to. One such blogger is Amber Love: not only is this gal's style out of this world, but she's also really nice and generally a great person! Read on to find out more about Amber. ;)
Tell us a bit about yourself. I'm Amber Louise, 16, living in a cute little town in the south of England studying Chemistry, Biology, French and English language at sixth form and hope to carry on Chemistry or Biology into Uni. I love fashion, art, photography and music too; I am into a bit of everything.



How did you get into fashion? I'm tempted to lie and say the expected 'I've always loved fashion' response but that's really not true...I used to be (and am still a bit) a total tomboy so for me clothes were jeans a tee so I could easily climb trees and muck around. I only wore my first dress three years ago! I discovered how much fun clothes could be though and that I could still wear comfy jeans or leggings and a tee but could look awesome at the same time! I finally settled into my own sorta style after getting into more rock music and it was probably Taylor Momsen (singer of Pretty Reckless) who inspired me to go crazy with fashion.

Describe your personal style and its influences. I like to mix it up but my friends really know me for my crazy printed leggings. I usually wear these with a tee shirt and I nearly always wear my converse. I also wear a lot of black and grey, if I wear colour it's usually my leggings. I really can't pin down my style because I wear so many different things and am always changing my mind, that is what is so great about fashion: nothing is permanent!



What is the fashion scene in your city like? The town where I live is pretty small and everywhere in my county, most girls dress the same...which is super boring! I get looks sometimes for the clothes I wear, I'm not really one for conforming. But when I go to London, depending which part of London, there are loads of people wearing loads of different styles! Last time I was in London I got close to a real life pair of Louboutins! I'd never seen them in the flesh before, a beautiful, polished blond was wearing them with a very smart suit, she looked fierce! You get so many other styles in London as well though! People who, like me, wear crazy stuff, heeled boots, Dr Martens, creepers and ripped tights and no one bats an eyelid! London is totally chilled and fantastic for individualism, I love it.

What music do you listen to? I listen to a huge amount of music but am definitely drawn to the classic rock of the 70s. My favourites would be The Clash, Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Suzi Quatro, Joan Jett and INXS. I also like modern rock/punk music like You Me At Six, Paramore, The Pigeon Detectives and Razorlight. I listen to so much more as well. At the moment I can't stop listening to I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation by Joan Jett, Train in Vain and Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash, Sheena is a Punk Rocker by Ramones and all of You Me At Six's and Pat Benatar's songs.


I took the liberty of posting a picture of Amber's most recent look. You can check it out here!

Who is your favourite fashion blogger? I first got into the blogging scene after reading a book called The Goddess Guide by Gisele Scanlon and she writes a blog by the same title, she inspired me to start and I still read her blog, she is an inspirational person. My other favourite blog is the Black Milk Clothing blog. They make crazy ass printed leggings which is why I love them so much, so dope! 

Soo this was Amber Love! Please check out her blog, you won't be disappointed, believe me. ;) Again - if you guys want to be featured, just let me know and I'll see what I can do!

XOXO,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment