May 12, 2012

NEVER LET ME GO, NEVER LET ME GO

Good evening, everyone! Well, at least I can see sheets of midnight blue covering the city panorama outside my window as I'm typing this post. I'm feeling very romantic for no apparent reason - like someone painted the world around me in dewy watercolors and turned everyday sounds into a harmonious melody. I suppose that's why my finger stopped at Florence when I was shuffling aimlessly through the songs on my phone. I know her music isn't considered romantic per se, but it's so crystal clear, yet somehow dizzying, that it feels just like one of those innocent teen crushes. At any rate, this was the music in my headphones when I posted this look.


These shoes are my absolute favourite now - their chunky heel is about 4-5 inches high and yet they're incredibly comfortable! Wearing them is like walking on clouds, probably because the strap offers total support. Their unusual design is balanced out by their rather neutral colour (sandy beige) which makes them extremely wearable. Although sweltering summer temperatures usually negate my fashion sense (i.e. flip flops and sloppy cut offs become staples - grunge, yet with little to no thought put into my looks) summer '12 is bound to be a little more interesting with these rad wedges! I plan on wearing them until they're absolutely worn out, tattered and torn - expect myriads of future looks with their involvement.


This may or may not surprise you (I can't say for sure because I don't get much feedback from you guys therefore I have no idea how you perceive me) but I used to be rather self-conscious when it came to wearing slightly more transparent articles of clothing. But this see-through tank top was too beautiful not to buy! I fell in love with the fringe (that I just might style with a more cowboy edge later on - we'll see) and it's light as a feather, which means I'll have plenty of chances to rock it this summer with, oh, anything at all! The possibilities are endless even though this is nothing like your average staple.


These earrings were on sale at Topshop, which is why I bought them. It wasn't love at first sight, I'll tell you that - I'm not really into the cutesy hippie bohemian vibe most of the time. But I guess they've really grown on me since then. They're chunky and bold, which makes them more than just a New Agey accessory for someone named Moonshine. As for the necklace - my best friend in the whole wide world made it. It's just sea glass, but to me, it's more valuable than any precious jewel.

I've decided to stop cutting my blog entries with 'read more's. I think it's better if you can see all the pictures at once - then you can decide whether or not you want to even bother reading the entry. I hope I haven't bored you with the excessive descriptions of random clothing items. I have to warn you that I'll be doing this pretty often from now on - I'm feeling literary.

XOXO,
Alice



2 comments:

  1. Cool earrings!

    Mary Jane
    http://ahintofredness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete