May 9, 2012

I USED TO BE LOVE DRUNK, BUT NOW I'M HUNGOVER


I used to be love drunk
But now I'm hungover
I loved you forever...
But now I'm sober.

Yes, yes, I know what you're going to say now. Boys Like Girls is one of the cheesiest bands alive; as for this song - the metaphors alone are disgustingly oozing with cheese. But I suppose I've reached a stage when soppy songs are so bad that I love them! Everyone passes through that stage, even hardcore Marilyn Manson fans like myself.

But we aren't going to discuss the look title forever, now are we? I had a lot of fun shooting this look, the first out of four looks shot at my cottage. I'm pretty sure this is my favourite - the rest may be quirky and cute, but this one really puts the ROMANTIC in Eclectic Romantic! And although there may come a day when I come to hate my blog's name, right now, nothing seems more perfect.

Let's get to it though, shall we? You have yet to see quite a few photos of this look and we haven't got all day.

Have you ever wandered around the forest dressed like an innocent fifties babe? I have - now. And believe me when I say there's something beautiful about forgetting efficiency for once and going all out, in all my finery, to trudge through the grass and stumble across thick roots, sometimes cursing myself for being such a superficial airhead and neglecting comfort, but usually just enjoying the moment. That was the kind of day when I wanted to stay in each and every specific moment for eternity.




I really lucked out when I found these shoes - I've always had a bit of a crush on STRANGE as a brand, and these were just ideal for the look! You know that feeling when you enter a store in search of something specific and then - bam! - you find it? And it's only in your size, as if it's been waiting for you, and you alone, all this time. This doesn't happen to me very often, and yet - here I am, with those lovely glossy red pumps resting in the hallway. It's a shame you can't see the details too well, but in reality they're even more fascinating - the light parts are actually made of see-through material, and the heel isn't too tall (no more than 2-3 inches, at least) but it's sturdy and flirty and all kinds of wonderful.


This is me trying to look like a pin up girl again. I don't know what it is about the 20th century, but I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I think of it. The other day I finally watched It Happened One Night and I swooned. Why can't men be more like Clark Gable? Bossy and mocking yet kind, caring and chivalrous. Where have all these men gone? I don't know.



It has to be noted, however, that eventually it got really chilly and I had to change both my shoes and put on my good ol' pleather jacket! And yes, I am one of those weirdos who carry around bags of extra clothing in case it gets hot/cold/the world suddenly ends/etc. However, I soon realized that this dress acquired a rougher and therefore cooler vibe with the jacket, so I proceeded to take pictures of myself in this other way to style this beautiful dress! It turned out pretty good, don't you think?

I guess that's all for now! Loads of exams await me so I don't know whether or not I'll be able to post looks as often as I used to. However, I have another three looks from my cottage left over, so I'll post those at least once a week and we'll just have to see how long they will last me.

I love you guys! ♥

XOXO,
Alice







4 comments:

  1. LOVE this outfit on you! The dress is just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is beautiful! I love those shoes, and they look super awesomely awesome with the socks <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I actually put them on because I was chilly - only later on did I realize that they looked lovely with the shoes!

      Delete