May 1, 2012

FEATURED FASHIONISTA: JACKIE C!

Hello, my dear readers! You will (probably) be amazed to find out that my previous post wasn't the last for today. In fact, this surprises even me! And yet this post isn't about me... The star today is the lovely Jackie C.! Even before I wrote this feature, actually, I was a fan of Jackie's both because of a) her inspiring style; b) her talent in anything DIY, whereas I'm usually incapable of even the simplest alterations; and c) the fact that Jackie has achieved all that at my age!



Oh look at me, rambling on and on again. I'll just stop. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce Jackie C. of Sewing in Stilettos! Applause, please.



A little bit about yourself: My name is Jackie, and I write for the new blog Sewing in Stilettos. I love anything fashion-related, but especially sewing and designing. I’m 17 and a senior in high school in Indianapolis, but I’m heading to New York this summer to study fashion design at Parsons The New School for Design in the fall.

How did you get into fashion? I have always been drawn to fashion, but I really started dressing more for myself than with the trendy high school clothes in my Sophomore year. I just decided I wanted to wear what I liked rather than what I thought other people would like. As for fashion design, I have been creating since I was very young (even making my American Girl dolls clothes), and it just progressed from there.


Describe your personal style and its influences.
I like to mix things up. I don't like to stick to one specific style, and even in the midst of one look, I like to mix different styles together. I am inspired by magazines, images online, other bloggers, and most of all, just looking at my clothes and playing with how they go together!



What is the fashion scene in your city like?
I live in Indianapolis, Indiana currently, and the fashion scene is minuscule. There's barely anyone who really cares about fashion, and most people give me weird looks for the way I dress...which is why I am so excited to move to New York and get involved in the New York fashion scene!

What music do you listen to?
I love so many types of music: The Orion Experience, Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds, Example, Arctic Monkeys, Sky Ferreira, Lady Gaga, Florence and the Machine, Tinie Tempah, Mika, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Wyclef Jean, Sleigh Bells, and Kanye West.



Who is your favourite fashion blogger?
My favorite fashion blogger is Bonnie Strange from http://www.strangeambition.com/
She not only has a great personality but she also looks like a Barbie, and I love her hair and style! :)

Want to be featured on my blog? Email me at waterismydrug@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do for you! ;)

XOXO,
Alice

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for interviewing me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely interview and choice of blogger to feature. Such impeccable style :) I love the way she accessorizes and really takes her outfits to the next level. xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete